The place & the agreement mentioned in the agreement where UCMAS classes or coaching to be conducted and should not be conducted in any other place.
- Responsibilities or duties of Franchisee
Franchisee if responsible for running the institution. He / she is responsible for the general policy, financial matters of the institution. The Franchisee not only directs & controls but also energizes the institution. He / She also takes care to uproot the drawbacks and vitalizes the institution.
A good franchisee is one who inspires the staff, encourages them, recognizes; the individual worth and thus improve upon them by eliminating the bad ones.
- Functions of a franchisee
The most essential aspect of efficient administration is planning. It is necessary from the initial stage to the end. The person who prepares the plan must keep in mind the goals or aims of the institution, the resources available, the means to achieve, different types of facilities needed etc.
- Plan the required activities.
- Choose the suitable premises.
- Plan the fixed investment & recurring expenditure.
- No. of rooms, No. of course instructors, time interval between batches to be decided.
- Job responsibilities to be assigned to CI, Franchisee, and other staff members.
- Data base to be taken for number / category of schools which are in existence.
- No. of kits to be ordered – how payment should be made – buffer stock should be maintained.
- Advertising – what are the advertising options that can be followed.
- Local News Paper (ii) News Paper insertion (iii) Stores, Libraries (iv) Posters
(v) Notice board in flats / schools (vi) Banners (vii) T.Vs, FM Radio
9. General administration
10. Attending calls and keeping a record by maintaining Enquiry Register.
To obtain maximum utilization of manpower and material. Each Course Instructor is entitled to a minimum of 70 students and it is advisable not to take more than that.
1. Consider number of rooms and use optimally.
2. No. of classes or batches to be formed in an efficient way.
3. Students per batch to be decided.
4. Students Kits to be organized and kept ready.
Choosing a Course Instructor.
Minimum qualification +2 pass but graduation is desirable with fluency in English and local language. Presentation skill will be an added advantage.
As per mutually agreed terms.
An administrator, best in counseling who can run the show should be employed to take care of day-to-day calls and to respond enquiries.
Preparing Income and expenditure and prepare budgets for the following:-
- Fixed Cost / Initial Investment – Franchise, Advance for place Renovation and Pre operative expenses.
- Variable Cost / Recurring expenditure – Advertisement / Promotional activity, expenses being incurred for demo.
- Income - Fix goal to get a minimum number of student in order to calculate Income.
- Providing direction to Course Instructor – Regarding the teaching process, testing process. Providing broad guidelines that,
- What time staff must come
- What time they should leave
- How books are to be corrected
- Time should be fixed for CI – Parent meeting.
- What type of incentive / gifts to be given to the children.
- When compensation classes are needed.
- Procedure for exams.
- Corrective measures to be taken, in case something goes wrong.
- Selection of candidates
- Providing norms for maintenance of cash book, depositing money in bank etc.
- Appointing C.I & monitoring them.
- Setting norms for payment of Fee by Cash or cheque either monthly or per term.
- Most important duty of Franchise is to ensure that proper co-ordination exists among the staffs.
- Care must be taken that no two classes overlap, no wastage of time or resources
- Co-ordinate class rooms to C.I. and co-ordinate students to C.I.
- Must ensure that there is no confusion on exam dates, Compensation classes – Give circulars – get it signed (for holiday, exams etc.)
The most important function is controlling the whole process of the center control must be exercised for the following:-
- The day to day administration.
- Time table to be printed and given to teachers.
- There should be ne confusion in allocation of students to C.I.
- Control over the compensation classes.
- Supervision of word of C.I. to ensure that teaching is up to the mark. Keep in touch with parents and get proper feed back.
- If dropouts are more, find out the reason.
- Rules and regulation for Students, Course Instructors, Other staff & Parents must be made clear and intimated to the concerned person.
- Timely intervention and solve problems between
- C.I. and students
- Between C.I’s
- Between C.I. and parents
- Ensure that fees is collected properly and there should be no back-log.
- Franchisee to C.I.
- Staff attendance & Student attendance – payment to C.I.
- Stock Register – release of kits, stationery, (test paper, duster, marker) gifts to children etc.,
- Cash book – C.I. Fee paid / payable
- Franchisee must visit center wherever classes are taking place.
- C.I. to Franchisee
- Attendance Register:- Dates of 12 Classes – No of children who missed when compensation has been taken
- Lesson plan – No. of pages covered, - stress laid on – can prove nothing has been omitted.
- Franchisee / C.I. to Parents
- Attendance Register
- Performance or Test Register
- Report Cards
- Lesson plan and class schedule for each and every term
- Fee Collection Register - Fee due
- Franchisee / C.I. to Children
- Lesson plan – complaint of too much HW
- Action to be taken / or taken