SELECTION OF PLACE FOR CENTRE:
- Center to be located at least 2 KM away from it’s nearest centre.
- As far as possible it should not be located near a factory, market, bus stand or any crowded place.
- As our teaching is mainly for improving the concentration, a quiet place is preferable, where the child will not be distracted.
- Don’t choose a low-lying area, which may be filled with water during the rainy season.
- There should be scope for future expansion if the need arises.
- It should not be situated on the main road where there is lot of traffic & pollution.
- A child may run to or from the center before the parent parks his vehicle, which may lead to accidents.
- Area should be well developed with drinking water arrangement.
- There should be not tank or canal nearby.
- The surrounding of the campus must be neat and clean without any heaps of filth.
- The parents must have place to park their vehicles when they come to drop / pick up the child.
- It should be with plenty of Sunlight & with proper ventilation.
It should be within walking or transportation distance of people
ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS OF A CENTER:
- Reception in the office should be warm. Someone should be available at this point, other than instructor to discuss with parents, to see that children don’t leave the premises without proper attendance.
- Enquiry desk with all necessary forms / clip pad / pen / pamphlets should be available.
- Photo albums / magazines for parents to read at the Reception.
- Notice board displaying the activities of the centre with batch details mentioning the schedule of batches.
- Classrooms:- big enough to house a minimum 15 – 18 students per batch.
- Proper table and chairs must be provided in the classroom.
- Comfortable furnishing & lighting must be provided.
- A white board with market pen must be provided for the C.I.
- C.I. must be provided with a table and chair.
- Display Abacus is a must in every room.
- Waiting room or a small area for children / parents to wait before / after class.
- Toilet should be clean and hygienic.
- Arrangement for keeping students’ footwear should be provided.
- Uniforms should be insisted.
- Punctuality should be kept up.
- Keeping the updated list of franchises so as to enable the parents to approach the nearest centres if required that if required, parents may be directed to other centres if nearer to them.
- For any new batch, invite a school HOD for kit distribution.
- Give proper response to any general enquires and inform about make up class.
- Any holidays should be mentioned well in advance.
- Homework completion – to be monitored closely.
- 20 min. abacus practice must be enforced strictly.
- CI / centre contact nos. should be available with children to contact for any doubts.
- Make up classes for poor students.
- Encourage children with small gifts as and when necessary.
- Prizes for securing 100% marks.
- See off the children properly.
- Term fee or monthly fee collection should be followed up closely.
- Performance / Report card should be discussed with parent.
- Maintain close rapport with parents.
- Don’t shift / change timings of batches frequently.
- Merging of batches should be avoided.
- Batch should not be overcrowded.
- Regular Advertisement in paper / local channels should be given.
- Frequent demos should be organized and distribution of notices should be done.
- TV & Video presentation.
- Comparative Chart of month wise batch starting which will act as a goal to be achieved.
Send articles frequently to UCMAS INDIA TIMES which will be guiding force